Symfony is an open source PHP web development framework. It is very popular, and most web developers prefer it because it reduces development time. It helps to develop complex high-end websites and reduces the costs associated with building the structure of websites.
Symfony uses PHP 5 seamlessly and is available with a large number of configurations. This represents an affordable code generation. It uses caching to quickly provide content to the user and offers scalable template development.
Symfony can be summarized in the following four elements:
- Symfony framework: This is a type of main PHP framework designed to encompass Symfony components for creating feature-rich websites.
- Symfony Components: These are reusable components that a developer can use to create great PHP sites.
- Symfony Community: A large number of PHP developers are part of this community and contribute to the ongoing development of Symfony.
- Symfony Philosophy: The Symfony philosophy aims to promote best practices and professionalism, as well as to create website standardization and interoperability.
What are the advantages of using Symfony for site development?
As a development framework, Symfony dramatically simplifies the developer’s work because it does not require writing large amounts of code to create websites. In addition, it allows for faster, more stable and flexible development.
- Fast development: When time is of the essence for creating high-performance sites, the developer community must turn to a framework that gives them the flexibility to quickly design great sites. Symfony is particularly recognized for its ability to optimize site performance. It consumes less memory and allows sites to be developed at a significant speed.
- Versatility: Symfony is fully adaptable to the unique needs of developers, with independent and configurable elements. Thanks to its event distributor and dependency injector, a developer can easily create complex sites with several features. He can build the required features brick by brick and perform the development work at his own pace. It can also be used to add specific features to a project to make it unique.
- Scalability: Everything in Symfony is gathered in what is called a bundle (a directory in a Symfony project that integrates a well-defined structure). Each bundle can add a unique feature to the framework. A developer can reuse a bundle in another project and can also share it with the community. It is also possible to use the bundle system to change everything in Symfony without having to reconfigure the entire structure. This makes it possible to change the core itself to help develop the framework.
- Comfort and convenience: The framework provides a highly functional development environment and provides developers with the desired level of comfort. Instead of letting them focus on minor features, the framework encourages developers to focus more on the main features of the site. This improves the developer’s productivity and makes his task smooth and trouble-free. There are Symfony tools, such as the Web Debug toolbar, that offer developers more comfort and allow them to deal with security errors and issues.
- User-friendliness: Symfony is an easy to use tool for any developer; it is the framework that allows them to create versatile sites. The framework is highly accessible for beginners and advanced users, with a multitude of documentation and community support. With this level of professional and adapted support, a beginner can quickly learn Symfony’s best practices to create flexible and efficient solutions.
As a company, it is essential to use a professional development agency to find developers dedicated to your Symfony project. GlobalEtik is an experienced agency of expert developers working remotely on all types of Symfony development projects.